Surviving the Raid: A Female UNIOSUN Student's Harrowing Story

A female student from Osun State University, known only as Ademola, shared her account of being attacked when military personnel from the Army Depot in Osogbo entered the dormitory areas where university students reside.

In a video posted by OsunDefenderNG, Ademola mentioned that the event took place when she was by herself in her room getting ready to cook.

As per her account, she first observed soldiers in the vicinity but thought the circumstances had stabilized prior to the officials supposedly returning.

Remember that on Monday night, certain personnel from the Army Depot in Osogbo entered the student dormitories at Osun State University, attacked multiple students, and took over 60 cellphones along with other electronic devices.

Several female students were allegedly undressed and made to dance without clothes by the soldiers, who were reported to have taken part in the Army Depot's graduation parade conducted last Saturday.

She recounted the event, saying, "I am Ademola, a student at Osun State University. I was in my dormitory preparing food when I saw them (soldiers) nearby. Soon after, things became quiet. But later, we began to hear sounds once more."

They directed their flashlights towards my room and questioned who was inside. Shortly after, they told me to open the door, which I did.

So, one of them questioned how many people were in the room, and I replied with two. I also mentioned that my roommate was not present.

Although she was emotionally overwhelmed, Ademola claimed that one of the soldiers turned violent.

Later, he pressed me against the bathroom door and said I'd enjoy it. He also warned me not to scream. So, I pleaded with him.

"I needed to find a way to escape from his grip and headed toward the door. As I reached the door, I instructed him to leave. He questioned whether I wanted him to go," she continued.

She also claimed that a different soldier came into the room and tried to hold her back.

She said, "As I was doing that, his coworker entered and also asked me to stay calm, saying I would enjoy it, and that I shouldn't yell."

So, as soon as they began to move, I yelled and cried out. Once I finished yelling, both of them left, and I had to apply strength to shut the door.

As per the student, one of her roommates visited her later upon hearing the noise.

"After shutting the door, one of my dormitory friends who was present came to knock on my door to see how I was doing, and then he left," she stated.

After the event, the Depot Nigerian Army in Osogbo stated on Tuesday that it has started an inquiry into claims of improper conduct by certain members following a report submitted by the National Association of Nigerian Students, Southwest Zone D.

The military stated that the inquiry aimed to uncover the details of the event and pledged that those determined to be responsible would face legal consequences.

Supplied by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post