The Minister for Works, David Umahi, has invited the presidential hopeful from the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), Peter Obi, to engage in a public discussion about leadership, alleging that the ex-governor of Anambra State has been undermining his character and personal reputation.
On Wednesday, Umahi issued the challenge during his speech at the launch of the Akwanga–Jos Super Highway project, where he additionally criticized Obi's recent remarks regarding the state of certain federal highways.
As stated by the minister, the use of reinforced concrete road technology under President Bola Tinubu's administration represents a new approach designed to enhance the nation's roadway system.
"When my brother, the ex-governor of Anambra State, who ought to know about running a state and managing affairs, ended up complaining about poor roads and shared it online," Umahi stated.
When did leadership become a joke? He was questioning my honesty and character, but I'm always prepared to engage in a discussion with him.
Umahi stated that leadership is a shared duty and must not be narrowed down to pointing fingers at the President exclusively.
"The President isn't present today, yet I must act as the President by carrying out the task he gave me," he stated.
So, governing is everyone's duty. Consider how our infrastructure is deteriorating and cars are parked on our streets. Should the President have to go there and stand among them?
"We accept accountability. If something goes wrong within the Ministry of Works, I am responsible, not the President. Therefore, I wish to strongly praise the President," he added. .
Supplied by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).